Thursday, May 11, 2017

The Cheval Mirror.


Thursday. Where do the days go?
I wrote this Tuesday but Elias kept trying to push the power button on my computer and I thought finishing it when he went down for a nap would be better. So Thursday evening it is.

Below is a story of my recent find!

I was out with my friend at an antique store and saw an absolutely beautiful cheval mirror! Like really beautiful. I have been looking for a mirror to put in our bedroom for awhile and just haven't found one that I've liked. I'm really picky when it comes to furniture and clothes and colors and food and....I'm pretty much picky with everything. So after falling in love with it and learning everything was half price, I frantically searched for a price tag. Unfortunately we couldn't find one. I went to the main desk and asked about it. Sadly, it was not for sale; of course. I went home with it still on my mind and did a little searching. Surprisingly, I found one for sale on Facebook Market for $25! Can we all just take a minute and appreciate how wonderful Facebook Market is! I have found and sold many things on there. It's like an online garage sale! So anyway! I messaged the owner and it was indeed available! $25 later and it was all mine! I took it home and Michael brought it up to our bedroom. Pure bliss. Standing back and looking at the room, I decided the dresser needed a little nudge. "Michael, push it a little bit that way." "No, a little too much." "Oooo, just a little more!" It looked so cute! Michael walked out of the room and I thought, "Would it look good on the other side?" Excited, I didn't want to wait for Michael to come back so I gave the dresser a little nudge. Not realizing how heavy it was, I struggled and the candle sitting on the dresser fell and broke. Glass shattered all over the dresser and in the carpet. Oops. Michael came back in, "Go get the vacuum," He chuckled. I ran down and returned with the vacuum. "I should have waited, I should have waited!" was all that came out of my mouth. Rushing because I wanted to see how my mirror looked, I took the attachment and sucked up the glass pieces on the dresser. Suddenly, everything happened all at once. First went my bracelet that was laying there. Then went my diamond necklace. I gasped. "Ohhhhhh no." I shut the vacuum off and looked back at Michael. "What happened?" He asked; not looking surprised. "My necklace! It's gone!!" was all I managed to get out. Michael giggled. "Stop laughing!!" I said. "Please can you get it out!?" After a little digging and a mini heart-attack, Michael managed to get my jewelry out. I will never live this down. All that for my cheval mirror. And it turns out I ended up leaving it on the side it was originally on.

Anddddd I decided I didn't like the cherry wood color, so I painted it white. Why? Because of course everything is better white. It just goes with everything. Am I right??



Also, stay tuned; my newest idea yet. I have decided to work my way through a cook book. Not just any cook book, a book all about pies. The Pie Project. 60 homemade pies. My goal is to make one at least once a week. Starting tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment